Anytime I go to Red Lobster, I have to get the shrimp scampi. My mom always got it, made me try it, and now, I always get it.
Bottom line: If I am going to eat shrimp, I want it covered in garlic and butter.
When I started this healthy living restart month, I wanted to eat a lot of fish and shellfish. I started to think about how much I love shrimp, but they are usually a pasta dish.
And then I thought about my favorite, shrimp scampi! And I was determined to create my own healthier-inspired recipe.
This is about the time when I remembered zoodles! Zoodles are spiralized zucchini, and they are a great replacement for noodles.
I created a Zoodle shrimp scampi recipe that makes you feel like you are eating something fancy, and you definitely don’t miss the pasta!
2 zucchini (or pre-spiralized zucchini)
1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
1/2 cup white wine – I used Pinot Grigio
1 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp parsley
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
3 cloves of garlic
1. Take a spiralizer or another tool to make your zucchini noodles. You can also buy zucchini pre-noodlized
2. In a skillet, spray with some olive oil and saute the zoodles.
3. In a separate skillet, heat butter and olive oil in a pan and add onion, garlic, and red pepper. When onions are clear, add shrimp until cooked. After the shrimp is cooked, pour in the white wine and stir for 4 min.
4. Remove from heat and add the parsley, lemon juice, and black pepper.
5. Add sauce and shrimp to Zoodles.
6. Garnish with parmesan cheese.
I hope you love this recipe – and be sure to comment if you try it!
What is your favorite recipe with a healthy twist?